Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Broad Ripple Brew Pub - Sparky's Chocolate Milk Stout


Sparky's Chocolate Milk Stout
ABV: 5.6%
IBU: No idea
SRM / Coloring - Deep brown

As a kid I always went for the chocolate milk. For whatever reason, my parents had a constant supply of Ovaltine, which was alright if I really needed to get my fix, but the real pros got actual chocolate milk or mixed in some chocolate syrup. Twas the best way to enjoy a sweet, thick treat at lunchtime to go with my PB&J sandwich and chips and salsa. My friends, this is how an adult should enjoy a chocolate milk.

The Brew Pub's Chocolate Milk Stout is brewed with fifty pounds of dark belgian chocolate and a bag a milk sugar, and there's no mistaking it when you take a whiff or a taste. Seriously, it tastes just like a tall glass of chocolate milk, which was incredibly surprising to me when I took my first taste of it last night. Most of the time porters and stouts will be infused with chocolate, so you know it's there but other flavors compliment or overpower it. Not here, you get all beery-chocolate.

It's a fantastic autumn / winter drink; cold outside on a November evening whilst RR and myself sip on chocolate beer, surrounded by wooden cabinets playing an impossibly hard round of trivia.

No comments:

Post a Comment