Saturday, October 15, 2011

Bier Brewery - Cream Ale

Cream Ale
ABV: 5.8%
IBU: 17
SRM: 3
Cream Ale

Bier Brewery certainly has a variety of options for an ale guy like myself, so for my first review I went with the Cream Ale.  The bartenders were certainly willing to give RT and I a try of anything we wanted, and gave advice to help us find what we were looking for.  I tend to go for an ultra-hoppy beer, but today I was in the mood for something less bitter than the typical hoppy IPA, or whatever.  Cream Ale certainly lives up to the reputation for the stereotypical cream ale with repressed flavors of malt and hops.  As I near the end of my first glass, I can certainly say this beer has a light and refreshing personality.

The beer has a very smooth flow, as characteristic of cream ales.  Because flavors of malt and hops are generally hidden in this beer, it yields slightly sweet flavor somewhere between a wheat ale and a light pale ale.  It's definitely not too heavy, so if you're the person to drink one beer, then another... and another... and another... and another... this would be a good bet.  To the beer drinker without the tongue for a super-hoppy beer, this would be the ale for you.

Bier Brewery
5133 East 65th Street, Indianapolis
www.bierbrewery.com

No comments:

Post a Comment