Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Brugge Brasserie - Cloutier's Farmhouse Ale


Cloutier's Farmhouse Ale
ABV: 6%
IBU: 22
SRM/Coloring: Light amber to golden orange



Well, it was another fine 70+ degree October day when RT and I decided (once again) to go visit a local brewery and try out their selection. We found ourselves sitting on the outside patio of Brugge Brasserie facing the setting sun in the late afternoon. It's located right in Broad Ripple and is right off of the Monon Trail, a great spot to stop for a beer while walking/biking along the trail.

Anyway, enough jabber let's get to the beer. I tried the Cloutier's Farmhouse Ale after a courtesy taste thanks to our server. Upon smelling the beer, I could immediately sense its tart apple smell without overpowering the malty beer aroma. The first sip surprised me with just how tart this beer was. It reminded of me initially of drinking a cider, but the aftertaste preserved the beery flavor we all know and love. Its acidic taste definitely makes you feel like it would be difficult to drink these one after the other, but it was a nice surprise from the typical ales, porters, and lagers we have already blogged on.

This, I would say, is one of the most Fall-y/October-y tasting beers, and goes along with the season perfectly. I look over to RT and say, "I could see myself going on a hayride, picking apples at an orchard, and enjoying this Cloutier's Farmhouse Ale." It's the fall drink, and even if you aren't a tart lover, I encourage you to at least taste this one. As microbreweries change their menu with the season, you better get the Cloutier's Farmhouse Ale while its on tap.

No comments:

Post a Comment