Thursday, December 15, 2011

Broad Ripple Brew Pub - Black Heart Lager

Black Heart Lager

ABV: 5.9%
IBU: mid range
SRM / Coloring: Dark as the night

Bad news is this picture is horrible with the flash.  Good news is this beer is damn good.

I had to go out and do some celebrating with the dudes last night after such a good week.  I got a new job, my other projects were coming to a close, christmas is just around the corner, just solid on the whole.  I didn't get to make it to the Brewpub for Tuesday night trivia which kinda stunk, but I still had a hankerin for a buffalo burger and some new beer.  This is one of my favorites of theirs so far.

I guess I'd have to say my new favorite type of beer are black ales.  they have that roasted malty flavor, but are medium bodied and come off clean at the end, the perfect balance of flavor and depth.  I love the black ale at Brugge Brasserie, and this one is on it's level, if not surpassing it.

The Black Heart ale is what the brew pub refers to as a Kulmbacher style, which is a german style black lager.  It's a great blend of malty flavor and bittersweet chocolate.  Drinking it on a cold rainy night is ideal, and given the poopy weather in Indiana recently any day will do.

No comments:

Post a Comment